I Love TiVo!

So much TV, so little time. Thanks to TiVo, it's manageable!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Private Practice

So PP had it's first real show last week. And I must say, I wasn't extremely impressed. Did I expect to be? Not really...spin-offs always seem to struggle. But, I still liked it enough to continue watching. The first thing I noticed was that Merrin Dungey made a better Naomi in the pilot than Audra McDonald in this first episode. At least initially I thought that. I warmed up to her as she really took the reins towards the end of the show. I'm not sure about the entire cast's chemistry. I sort of feel like Amy Brenneman is out of place as Violet, the phsyciatrist, but I'll give her a chance. Taye Diggs is hot, so he can play whatever he wants and I'll agree. And I'm already annoyed with the Alternative Medicine guy Peter. He's another one of those guys that thinks he's "God's give to men" and I hope he firmly gets put in his place sooner rather than later. The #1 thing I learned from this show is that I will never go to some hippy center to have a baby. You better believe I'll be around a full set of drugs and sterile environments in case anything goes wrong. I definitely don't believe some hippy Dr. can cut off all pain by a couple pricks of a needle. Total BS in my book! But all in all, as another drama to watch with a few characters I already know I like, I'll definitely be watching a few more episodes before making my final verdict. And even then, knowing me, I'll still keep watching. Looking forward to some steamy encouters at least! Overall, a good first start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home